LAW AND ORDER
UKIP warned when the closure of the town centre police station was announced, that levels of crime and disorder would go up as a result of the lack of police presence in the town centre. In recent weeks, there have been incidents of unprovoked attacks, the latest in Bishopstoke where a resident was 'glassed' in the face. Lets not also forget that the Conservative run Hampshire County Council are turning off street lighting that may potentially add to matters of security and safety. Electing UKIP councillors on May 2nd will give Eastleigh the strong, defiant voice who will campaign for a safer Eastleigh.
Halloween haunts Brexit
The Conservative government missed its second Brexit deadline. By accepting the European Union's offer to remain until October 31, Theresa May all but guaranteed that the UK, which voted to leave the EU nearly three years ago, will participate in the European parliamentary elections next month. The Conservative governments inability to leave the EU on time is said to be impacting British and European politics. If it all carries on in deadlock, Mrs May or indeed a successor could call an election.
Britain's next national election is not due to be held until 2022, but there are two ways an earlier vote can be called:
a) Two-thirds of parliament's 650 lawmakers vote in favour of holding an election.
b) If a motion of no confidence in the government is passed by a simple majority of lawmakers and no party can succeed in winning the confidence of the House of Commons over the next 14 days, an election is triggered. Either way, UKIP are ready to contest any such election as and when it comes.
DEFENCE & SECURITY POLICY
UKIP believes that we should not get involved in international conflicts unless it can be clearly shown to be in the national interest.
• UKIP is committed to NATO for our collective defence. UKIP expects all NATO members to honour their commitment to contribute a minimum of 2% GDP.
• UKIP will withdraw the UK from the EU’s attempts to create its own armed forces, e.g. through PESCO (Permanent Structured Cooperation), already committed to by the Conservative Government prior to Brexit, and from Mrs May’s proposed new EU Security Treaty. Something the Tories are keeping very quiteabout!
• Britain’s Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force have been so reduced in size that they struggle to meet their commitments. UKIP is committed to adequately funding Britain’s armed forces.
• UKIP will initiate a defence review to consider our future defence requirements and the size and shape of our armed forces. UK manufacturers should get first call on providing our armed forces equipment.
• UKIP is committed to maintaining the Trident nuclear deterrent.
The UK does not have a housing problem - it has a demand problem, with demand being fuelled by mass uncontrolled immigration. Supply of housing simply cannot keep up with demand. We cannot stabilise the housing problem until we have controlled immigration.
Britain is a nation of commuters, for work and for pleasure. Whether our journeys take us on the daily commute to work, on a cross country commercial delivery haul, or the school run, everyone needs a comprehensive and reliable transport network.
• UKIP will scrap HS2. At an estimated cost of £100bn this vanity project is not affordable. HS2 will destroy people’s lives and will have a huge environmental impact. UKIP will invest in the existing railways to improve capacity and journey times.
• The problem of failing rail operators could be solved by taking control by means of a new government owned company to run the franchises. All options would be considered.
• UKIP opposed the expansion of Heathrow Airport. UKIP will encourage investment in regional airports. The current Heathrow plan will destroy many villages and listed buildings as well as add to pollution in the locality.
• UKIP will scrap all road tolls. Tolling increases costs to business and the public. Road users are already overtaxed and should not be paying twice to use our roads. We will also block any introduction of payas-you-go road pricing.
• UKIP will abandon the current rollout of smart motorways and instead divert the funding to road maintenance with a priority for fixing potholes.
• UKIP will stop diesel drivers from being penalised through discriminatory parking fees or zone charging. Modern diesels are far cleaner today and many people bought their vehicles in good faith on Government advice.
• UKIP supports the transition to electric vehicles, but the electric charging infrastructure is not keeping pace. We will support the installation of charging stations by diverting funds from the electric car subsidy. We will also encourage off-street parking and charging provision in all new housing and industrial developments through the local planning process.
• UKIP supports the development of driverless car technology.
• UKIP will scrap the EU derived law for the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) which has been severely damaging to the UK haulage industry. This unnecessary qualification has led to a shortage of HGV drivers in the UK.
Southampton (Eastleigh) Airport
Did you know?
The owners of the airport wants to increase passenger numbers 2 million to 5 million by the year 2037. The airport owner also want to increase the length of the runway by 170m.
UKIP have challenged this, by asking where the infrastructure to support this massive increase in people and transport is. This proposed increase will only herald more congestion and pollution for the borough.
You can have your say by taking part in the consultation. Go to the airport website
southamptonairport.com where the full consultation document is available to view and download.
Promoted by UKIP Eastleigh on behalf of UKIP, Lexdrum House, King Charles Business Park, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 6UT
Get payback at the polls by voting UKIP
The list of UKIP candidates for the borough council elections is now available to view on the new Election Page
Don't forget that a vote for UKIP shows the the Conservative government that we expect them to deliver the referendum result. That was to leave the EU completely without any deals.
Eastleigh's Conservative M.P. Mims Davies is one of Mrs May's minions supporting her dodgy deal for Brexit .This is despite the fact that Eastleigh, in the referendum, voted to leave the E.U. Join UKIP Eastleigh and help the effort to unseat her at the next general election.
ACCELERATED HOUSE BUILDING
UKIP Eastleigh have warned over the past couple of years about relying upon the Conservative MP for Eastleigh, Mimms Davies, to represent local residents concerns the proposals for mass housing development from the Liberal Democrats.
Now we have learned that a govt funded agency, Homes England, are to give the council millions of pounds to push the building program forwards.
With the councils local plan due to be publicly inspected, you have to ask, is all of this proposed house building a done deal? Also ask, whats the point of lobbying a Conservative MP whose colleagues in govt are responsible for the rush to build houses in Eastleigh.
Even if the planning inspector comes down on the side of residents who oppose the mass development, the secretary of state can overrule. Just like he did over Barton Farm in Winchester. Its a dark day for Eastleigh.
Its all a white wash.
JE - Admin
Its now clear that the U.K. is building to cope with the E.U.'s open borders' policy and the freedom of movement of people
Did you know that UKIP now has a section for veterans?